It can be difficult to know how to apply eyeshadow as a beginner. With the right tips, though, you can learn how to do it like a pro in no time! An eyeshadow palette is a great place to start. It has different colors and shades that can be blended to create different looks.
What is an eyeshadow palette?
An eyeshadow palette is a set of colors designed to be blended to create different looks for your eyes. They usually come with a variety of shades, from light to dark, and matte and shimmery finishes. This allows you to experiment with different combinations until you find the perfect look for you.
Below are ways to apply eyeshadow like a pro
- Apply base color all over your eyelid
The application of base color is the first step in any eyeshadow look. Choose a light, sheer color that matches your skin tone to apply all over your eyelid. This will help create a smooth surface for the other colors you apply.
- Apply darker colors in the crease of your eye
To give your eyes some definition, apply a darker color in the crease of your eye. Use a blending brush to create a soft, gradient effect.
- Apply lighter colors to the inner corner of your eye
To open up your eyes, apply light and shimmery color to the inner corner of your eye. it will brighten up your look and make your eyes appear wider.
- Apply eyeliner for added definition
Apply eyeliner to your upper and lower lash line to finish your look. It will give your eyes more definition and make them appear larger.
- Use a highlighting color on the brow bone
To add an extra dimension to your eyeshadow look, use a highlighting color on your brow bone. This will make your eyes look brighter and more awake.
Applicable tips when buying eyeshadow
- a) Palettes are a great way to start because they have multiple colors in one. This allows you to experiment and find the colors that work best for you.
- b) When choosing a color, always test it on your hand first to make sure it matches your skin tone.
- c) Choose a shadow with a matte finish for everyday looks and a shimmery finish for evening looks.
- d) If you have difficulty applying eyeshadow, try using an eyeshadow primer first. This will help create a smooth surface and make the shadow last longer.
- e) Always use a good quality brush when applying eyeshadow. It will help to ensure that the shadow is applied evenly and smoothly.
Reasons to use your eyeshadow
There are several reasons for this application, namely;
- It will make your eyes look bigger
- It will give you a more awake appearance
- It will add definition to your eyes, making them stand out more
- You can use different colors and shades to create different looks
When you stick to the right tips, you can apply eyeshadow like a pro in no time! Always experiment with different colors and combinations to find the perfect look for you. As with any makeup application, practice makes perfect. So keep at it, and you’ll be able to create any look you want in no time.